Privacy Notice (How we use your information)
The Morris Education Trust is classed as a ‘Data Controller’ under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR). The Trust is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and follows the principles of the GDPR. This privacy notice covers The Cavendish School (TCS) website communications.
We take your privacy seriously and this notice outlines what sort of personal data we collect, why we do this, how long we store it and who we share it with. Access to personal data is only available to those who need it for a specific purpose.
The categories of information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, contact details) for the mailing list
- personal information of your child (such as name, current school setting, year group, postcode) added to the list of children interested in attending the new school
- naming TCS on the EHCP
Why we collect and use this information
We use this data to:
- hold a database of interested parties
- contact you with updates and marketing communications about TCS
- allow us to evidence interest in TCS whilst apply for funding and approval using consolidated data that does not identify individuals
The lawful basis on which we process this information
We process this information under General Data Protection Regulation, Article 6(1)(a) – consent
Collecting this information
In order to comply with data protection legislation, we ask for your consent to this collection and processing of data when you sign up to the mailing list or prospective student list.
Storing this information
Personal data will be kept secure whilst it is being stored, used and when it is being shared with others. The information is kept on a database on a secure encrypted server. We will retain the data until the school has been open one year and then we will delete the files.
Share this information
We share the relevant information (as appropriate) with:
- Members of the TCS Project Team which includes, trustees, governors and members of staff, to allow us to:
- Identify and understand our possible cohort
- plan marketing events
- evidence interest in our applications
- the Local Authority and Government departments – this is consolidated data (with no individual data identifiable). This allows us to:
- evidence interest when we apply for approval from the government for constructing and opening the school
- liaise with the Local Authority about commissioning places for TCS
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact the Data Protection Officer, Morris Education Trust, by email DPO@tmet.org.uk or by phone 01223 200400 or write to Data Protection Officer, Morris Education Trust, 24 New Road, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9LX
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer at the Morris Education Trust by email DPO@tmet.org.uk or by phone 01223 200400 or write to Data Protection Officer, Morris Education Trust, 24 New Road, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9LX.